Therefore, my beloved brothers, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that in the Lord your labor is not in vain.
For more information, go to abbyludvigson.com
February 21st, 2012
Presenter: Abby Ludvigson (www.abbyludvigson.com)
- According to research from Family Safe Media, the largest group of viewers of Internet porn is children between ages ______ and______.
- According to a study cited in The Washington Post, more than ______ million teenagers view Internet pornography on a regular basis.
- Today, 8-18 year olds devote an average of __________ hours to using entertainment media across a typical day. (More than ______ hours a week) Pregnancy/STD/Depression Statistics:
- ______ million new cases of STDs are reported each year, ______ % among 15-24 year olds.
- Nearly ______ million girls get pregnant each _______ in the United States.
- When compared with sexually abstinent girls, sexually active girls are more than ______ times likely to be depressed and nearly _____ times more likely to attempt suicide.
- When compared with sexually abstinent boys, sexually active boys are more than ______ times likely to be depressed and ______ times more likely to attempt suicide. Greatest Influence:
- According to research from The National Campaign to Prevent Teen and Unplanned Parenthood, teens say that ________________ most influence their decisions about sex, love and relationships. What can we do to help our children?
The 5 A’s to building a healthy relationship with your child(ren): (taken from How to Help Your Child Say “No” to Sexual Pressure by Josh McDowell)
- Provide Acceptance (sense of security)
- Give Appreciation (sense of significance)
- Be Available (sense of importance)
- Show Affection (sense of lovability)
- Establish Accountability (sense of responsibility)
Foundational Strategies for Remaining Sexually Pure in a Sex-Saturated Culture:
- Spend time in God’s word each day. (Psalm 1:1-3)
- Know why you’re waiting for marriage. (1 Peter 3:15)
- Find someone to hold you accountable to your commitment. (1 John 1:5-7)
- Surround yourself with godly friends. (1 Corinthians 15:33)
- Monitor your exposure to the media. (Romans 12:2)
- Put on the armor of God daily. (Ephesians 6:10-16)
- Write out your physical boundaries and standards. (1 Thessalonians 4:3-6)
Relevant Resources: (more resources available at www.abbyludvigson.com)
- How to Help Your Child Say “No” to Sexual Pressure (Josh McDowell)
- God’s Design For Sex Series (Stan Jones & Brenna Jones)
- Character Matters: Raising Kids with Values that Last (John & Susan Yates)
- How to Find your Soulmate without Losing Your Soul (Jason & Crystalina Evert)
- Questions Kids Ask About Sex (The Medical Institute for Sexual Health)
- A Chicken’s Guide To Talking Turkey with Your Kids about Sex (Dr. Kevin Leman)
- The Struggle: Let’s be Honest, Every Guy Struggles with It (Steve Gerali)
- Why True Love Waits (Josh McDowell)
- Hooked: New Science on how Casual Sex is Affecting our Children (McIlhaney & McKissic-Bush)
- Sex 180: There’s More to it than “Just Wait” (Chip Ingram)