but God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
For more information, go to abbyludvigson.com
February 21st, 2012
Presenter: Abby Ludvigson (www.abbyludvigson.com)
- According to research from Family Safe Media, the largest group of viewers of Internet porn is children between ages ______ and______.
- According to a study cited in The Washington Post, more than ______ million teenagers view Internet pornography on a regular basis.
- Today, 8-18 year olds devote an average of __________ hours to using entertainment media across a typical day. (More than ______ hours a week) Pregnancy/STD/Depression Statistics:
- ______ million new cases of STDs are reported each year, ______ % among 15-24 year olds.
- Nearly ______ million girls get pregnant each _______ in the United States.
- When compared with sexually abstinent girls, sexually active girls are more than ______ times likely to be depressed and nearly _____ times more likely to attempt suicide.
- When compared with sexually abstinent boys, sexually active boys are more than ______ times likely to be depressed and ______ times more likely to attempt suicide. Greatest Influence:
- According to research from The National Campaign to Prevent Teen and Unplanned Parenthood, teens say that ________________ most influence their decisions about sex, love and relationships. What can we do to help our children?
The 5 A’s to building a healthy relationship with your child(ren): (taken from How to Help Your Child Say “No” to Sexual Pressure by Josh McDowell)
- Provide Acceptance (sense of security)
- Give Appreciation (sense of significance)
- Be Available (sense of importance)
- Show Affection (sense of lovability)
- Establish Accountability (sense of responsibility)
Foundational Strategies for Remaining Sexually Pure in a Sex-Saturated Culture:
- Spend time in God’s word each day. (Psalm 1:1-3)
- Know why you’re waiting for marriage. (1 Peter 3:15)
- Find someone to hold you accountable to your commitment. (1 John 1:5-7)
- Surround yourself with godly friends. (1 Corinthians 15:33)
- Monitor your exposure to the media. (Romans 12:2)
- Put on the armor of God daily. (Ephesians 6:10-16)
- Write out your physical boundaries and standards. (1 Thessalonians 4:3-6)
Relevant Resources: (more resources available at www.abbyludvigson.com)
- How to Help Your Child Say “No” to Sexual Pressure (Josh McDowell)
- God’s Design For Sex Series (Stan Jones & Brenna Jones)
- Character Matters: Raising Kids with Values that Last (John & Susan Yates)
- How to Find your Soulmate without Losing Your Soul (Jason & Crystalina Evert)
- Questions Kids Ask About Sex (The Medical Institute for Sexual Health)
- A Chicken’s Guide To Talking Turkey with Your Kids about Sex (Dr. Kevin Leman)
- The Struggle: Let’s be Honest, Every Guy Struggles with It (Steve Gerali)
- Why True Love Waits (Josh McDowell)
- Hooked: New Science on how Casual Sex is Affecting our Children (McIlhaney & McKissic-Bush)
- Sex 180: There’s More to it than “Just Wait” (Chip Ingram)