But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves. For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a man who looks intently at his natural face in a mirror. For he looks at himself and goes away and at once forgets what he was like.
One-Year Bible Reading Plans
We recommend the following one-year Bible reading plans:
- Ideas for 2014 from Justin Taylor and the Gospel Coalition
- The M'Cheyne Plan that goes with DA Carson's Devotional (read DA Carson's introduction to the M'Cheyne plan)
- The Kingdom Bible Reading Plan from Bethlehem College and Seminary Professor Jason DeRouchie
- Discipleship Journal (NavPress)
- TCT Pastor Coty Pinckney's Unity of the Bible Plan (pdf) (See background.)
Three-Year Bible Reading Plan
Our Young Adult Discipleship team developed a set of three journals that follow a 3-year Bible reading plan and offer helpful study tools for Bible readers of any age. Each journal covers 1 year of Bible reading—begin any time. Journals are available for $10 (plus tax) at the Bethlehem Bookstore. Learn more.
Online Bible Study Resources
- ESVStudyBible.com - If you have purchased an ESV Study Bible, this site allows you to access content online.
- BibleArc.com - Arcing is a Bible study technique that we encourage people to learn and use. This site will show you how.
- Biblegateway.com - Read Scripture in dozens of translations in many languages; this site also includes reading plans, search tools, audio content, and other resources.