Unless the LORD builds the house, those who build it labor in vain. Unless the LORD watches over the city, the watchman stays awake in vain.
Date Given:April 19, 2012
Jason Meyer responded to the following questions in his interview with Pastor Sam Crabtree:
- Tell us about yourself. How did you come to trust in Christ? How has God led you in your spiritual journey? How did you come to Bethlehem?
- Since James 3 tells us that teachers are judged more strictly, are you prepared for that kind of judgment? Similarly, why would you want to follow John Piper?
- Who are some authors and preachers that have influenced you most?
- How are you different from John Piper?
- Are there people in your life that you’re investing in now?
- What do you think God is doing to develop your character and spiritual formation?
- What causes you joy and laughter in your own life?
- Tell us more about your wife, Cara.
- Why would you want to step into this high-pressure job?
- Have you read every book by John Piper?
- What are your thoughts on local church membership?
- What does it mean to profess faith in Christ?
- How do we build disciples?
- What are your thoughts on Christian Hedonism and its relationship to discipleship?
- As the Pastor for Preaching & Vision, what would your vision be for Bethlehem?
- How does Christian Hedonism relate to suffering?