Make a joyful noise to the LORD, all the earth! Serve the LORD with gladness! Come into his presence with singing! Know that the LORD, he is God! It is he who made us, and we are his; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture.
For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother's womb. I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well.—Psalm 139:13-14
God is sovereign over the womb. That has been Bethlehem’s message since the church began actively advocating for the preborn in the 1980s. Bethlehem is served by the Sanctity of Life Task Force. Through its leadership, we are involved in …
- Educating and mobilizing the church to defend the rights of the preborn
- An annual "March for Life" at the State Capitol
- Participation in 40 Days for Life, a 24-hour prayer and demonstration outside Regions Hospital
- Supporting New Life Family Services and Amnion Crisis Pregnancy Center.
Sanctity of Life Task Force Leader: Wayne King, 763-546-3132.
Seven Ways to Advocate for the Preborn
- Commit to pray daily, especially during the 40 Days for Life Campaign, for an end to abortion in America. For more information, contact Brian Walker with Pro-Life Action Ministries at 651-771-1500.
- Attend a prayer meeting on one of our campuses every week and pray for an end to abortion.
- Write a letter to local papers. See letter-writing tips.
- Write a letter to federal, state, and local politicians, urging an end to the use of tax money for abortion. MCCL has contact information of your local, state and federal representatives.
- Send Jason French's "I'm Holding a Miracle" YouTube video to someone you know who may be considering an abortion.
- Support New Life Family Services or Amnion Crisis Pregnancy Center financially and/or as a volunteer.
- Become an active member of the Sanctity of Life Task Force.
See “Ten Reasons Why It Is Wrong to Take the Life of Unborn Children,” by John Piper.