Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up, as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear.
Adoption Is …
- part of Bethlehem’s culture
- one of the ways God is bringing children into many families at Bethlehem
- an expression of our commitment to life and our desire that abortion become unthinkable
- a visible way that advances our vision for racial harmony
- a tangible response to the affliction of millions of orphans around the world
- an opportunity to spread the gospel to various “tribes and tongues” (Revelation 5:9)
- at the heart of the gospel of Jesus Christ who made a way for us all to be “adopted” that we might be called “children of God, and if children, then heirs—heirs of God and fellow heirs with Christ”
Pursuing God's Glory
We believe that overseas adoptions bring glory to God and are a radical expression of love and compassion for the helpless. Your family may be one God is calling to love a child through the blessing of adoption, or you may be called to join us in the task of providing the funds necessary to help those called to adopt.
Helping Qualified Parents Adopt
If you are looking for financial assistance in your adoption, the LYDIA Fund and Katelyn’s Fund offer support to help qualified Christian parents adopt:
The LYDIA Fund (Let Youths be Delivered from Institutions by Adoption)
The LYDIA Fund exists to deliver children/youths from orphanages and similar institutions throughout the world by means of adoption. They pursue their mission by helping married Christian couples pay for the overseas portions of their adoption expenses. The money used in this supporting role comes totally from the donations of individuals and organizations that choose to support them. Without this God-given support, the LYDIA fund would be unable to function.
Katelyn's Fund seeks to live out their vision of caring for the orphan by advocating for the fatherless, equipping caregivers and loving the Lord. As part of this vision, they offer grants to help with adoption expenses for married Christian couples who are working with a licensed adoption agency for international or domestic adoption.