For we are the circumcision, who worship by the Spirit of God and glory in Christ Jesus and put no confidence in the flesh— though I myself have reason for confidence in the flesh also.
Religion that is pure and undefiled before God and the Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their affliction, and to keep oneself unstained from the world.—James 1:27
Helping Qualified Parents Adopt
In addition to being a place where adoption is encouraged, Bethlehem offers two funds to help qualified Christian parents adopt:
The MICAH Fund (Minority Infant and Children Adoption Help)
MICAH Fund provides financial assistance for minority adoptions in the U.S. to qualified Christian adoptive parents in Minnesota. The money helps pay the fees of adoption agencies and is committed to providing quality services to birth parents, their children, and prospective Christian parents. Since it was founded in 1990, the MICAH Fund has helped hundreds of children become part of loving Christian families.
Why Minority Adoption?
An inordinately high percentage of minority infants and children are waiting for adoption today in the United States. Minority children are often considered “hard to place” simply because of the color of their skin. While adopting across racial lines should not be entered into lightly, it has been demonstrated that adoptive parents have successfully raised children of racial or ethnic backgrounds other than their own.
The LYDIA Fund (Let Youths be Delivered from Institutions by Adoption)
The LYDIA Fund exists to deliver children/youths from orphanages and similar institutions throughout the world by means of adoption.
How We Do It
We pursue our mission by helping married Christian couples pay for the overseas portions of their adoption expenses. The money we use in this supporting role comes totally from the donations of individuals and organizations that choose to support us. Without this God-given support, the LYDIA fund would be unable to function.
Pursuing God's Glory
We believe that overseas adoptions bring glory to God and are a radical expression of love and compassion for the helpless. Your family may be one God is calling to love a child through the blessing of adoption, or you may be called to join us in the task of providing the funds necessary to help those called to adopt.
Adoption Is …
- part of Bethlehem’s culture
- one of the ways God is bringing children into many families at Bethlehem
- an expression of our commitment to life and our desire that abortion become unthinkable
- a visible way that advances our vision for racial harmony
- a tangible response to the affliction of millions of orphans around the world
- an opportunity to spread the gospel to various “tribes and tongues” (Revelation 5:9)
- at the heart of the gospel of Jesus Christ who made a way for us all to be “adopted” that we might be called “children of God, and if children, then heirs—heirs of God and fellow heirs with Christ”