The LORD is a stronghold for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble. 10And those who know your name put their trust in you, for you, O LORD, have not forsaken those who seek you.
We have based our missions policies on our 14 Driving Convictions.
What is the process for being sent as a global partner from Bethlehem?
- Complete the Nurture Program
- Become appointed with an approved sending agency; read more
- Fill out a support application (contact the Global Outreach Department for an application)
- Meet with the Global Outreach (GO) Team
What does long-term (or career) global outreach look like at Bethlehem?
Global Outreach is defined as going for more than two years to a cross-cultural international location. (See a list of Bethlehem's career global partners.)
Our career global outreach policy covers...
- Priorities in Career Global Outreach
- Types of Global Partner Outreach
- Bethlehem's Relationship With Mission Agencies
- Financial Support
- Fund-Raising at Bethlehem
- Expectations of Our Global Partners
So then what is "mid-term" global outreach?
- Cross-cultural international ministry for 6-24 months
- A great next step for those considering career global outreach service, or a way for "senders" to have a better understanding as life as a World Christian
- Read more on our requirements in the mid-term policy
Do you send short-term teams?
Short-term ministry is a cross-cultural outreach opportunity lasting 1-20 weeks. Our Short Term Ministry Mobilization department handles all trips in this time frame.
What if I am a member of another church? Can I still be supported by Bethlehem?
We will consider non-member global partner applicants who meet the following criteria:
- committed to working with unreached or least-reached people groups with the goal of planting indigenous churches
- committed to working on the same team with a Bethlehem-supported global partner
- committed to career service in global outreach
- connected to the same mission agency and to the same (or similar) people group as a current Bethlehem-supported global partner, but working in a different location
- gifted with unique qualities, skills, training and/or experience which would meet an expressed need of a particular unreached or least-reached field
- have fulfilled most of the Bethlehem Nurture Program requirements or its functional equivalents