Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, with thankfulness in your hearts to God. And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.
Marriage is designed by God to be a parable of his awesome love for his people. That's why we take marriage and preparation for marriage so seriously at Bethlehem. We want you to experience the profound joy that comes from a God-centered marriage and want to do everything we can to make this process as easy as possible.
Getting Married at Bethlehem
Every couple interested in having their wedding or wedding reception at Bethlehem should submit a Wedding Request Form. Once you have submitted the form, you will be contacted to confirm the date of the wedding and a Bethlehem pastor to either perform or sponsor your ceremony.
Some things to know about weddings at Bethlehem:
- We have several pastors available to perform weddings
- Weddings at Bethlehem Baptist Church must align with our Church Covenant (found in our Constitution) and Relational Commitments.
- We do require pre-marital counseling, which may be done by a Bethlehem pastor or another qualified counselor
- If someone other than a Bethlehem pastor performs the ceremony, the couple must first meet with a Bethlehem pastor who will "sponsor" the ceremony in our building
- Part of the fee charged for being married at Bethlehem covers a Wedding Coordinator, who will meet with you, help to plan the ceremony as needed, and go over any details and serve as a reference point for many aspects of your ceremony including rehearsal, decorations, honorariums, parking, etc.
- Due to the large number of events at Bethlehem and our weekend Worship Service schedule, there may be some limitations as to when weddings can take place, such as no later than a 1pm start time on Saturdays. We also primarily limit weddings to people who are part of the Bethlehem community.
- If you wish to have your reception or rehearsal dinner at Bethlehem you will need to contact our Kitchen Coordinator.
Your request will be received by Lynda Hansen, our wedding point person. She will gather pertinent information and connect you with those who can help with other details.