If anyone else thinks he has reason for confidence in the flesh, I have more: 5circumcised on the eighth day, of the people of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, a Hebrew of Hebrews; as to the law, a Pharisee; as to zeal, a persecutor of the church; as to righteousness under the law, blameless.
A very high and holy and crucial calling
Pastor John gave a tribute to his mother in a 2005 sermon, "Honoring the Call of Motherhood"
This is a very high and holy and crucial calling that many of you embrace, with little understanding or encouragement from the world. You are the ones who have heard Titus 2:4-5 not as oppressive but as liberating. Paul said to Titus that the older women should “train the young women to love their husbands and children, to be self-controlled, pure, working at home, kind, and submissive to their own husbands, that the word of God may not be reviled.” You have heard that calling as rich and deep and precious and high and holy and confirming your heart’s longings, and as absolutely essential for the shaping of a God-centered, Christ-exalting church and culture.
The Titus 2 Mentoring ministry at Bethlehem matches God-centered, Christ-exalting older women with younger women:
- To intentionally equip women to understand and apply the biblical principles of womanhood in all of life and pass on the Gospel so that others will treasure Jesus Christ and become established in their faith
- To enfold women who are not involved in women’s ministries/events of the church.
- To give opportunity for female relationships among the women of Bethlehem.
- To strengthen women in their love for and service to the church.
Older women who are willing to invest in the lives of younger women are invited to join us to hear more about the vision for this ministry. Learn how your spiritual maturity and life experience can help young women to address the nitty-gritty issues of manhood and womanhood in appropriate and intentional ways. Light dinner will be served at these sessions.
- Catch a Vison for Titus 2 Ministry: September 4, 2014 - 5:30 - 8:30pm
- Follow-up Training Workshops: October 9, 2014 - 5:30 - 9:00pm
- Follow-up Training Workshops:November 6, 2014 - 5:30 - 9:00pm
If you hope to become a new mentor, know that we require you to attend two of these three trainings, and strongly encourage you to attend all three. Attending these training sessions does not commit you to be a mentor. Pre-registration by August 29 is extremely helpful.
For more information, contact Tracy Cornish (612-455-0800 x 806) or visit the Women’s Ministry tables after services on August 30/31 or September 6/7, or after our Women's Ministry Fall Kick-Off, Sept 12.