For the Son of Man came to seek and to save the lost.
Q & A: Resources for Leading Worship
This is a question that Pastor Dan Holst addressed in our recent workshop for shepherd leaders. He provided links to a number of helpful resources that we want to make available to you here on the blog.
Question: Are there any good resources that I can use for finding music/lyrics to lead my small group?
Answer: Yes! There are lots of resources (and more all the time online) for believers looking for good worship materials for their small group. Below are a few that we have relied on and encourage Bethlehem to use.
1. Buy a hymnal and use it to lead your group in songs. The tunes are often familiar, the lyrics are deep and rich, and there is no technology or internet required. We often sing hymns acapella in our prayer meetings and small groups, so don't feel like you have to have a pianist or guitarist. We sell hymnals in the church bookstore.
2. cymberhymnal.org. Net Hymnal offers thousands of hymns and provides not only lyrics, but also scores, audio files, and the histories behind the hymns.
3. worshiparchive.com. This site offers a massive collection of praise songs, organized by song title and artist. You can find lyrics and guitar chords for each song.
4. www.hymnary.org. Hymnary has collected over 1,000,000 hymns. They have an especially helpful feature which allows you to search for hymns by topic (e.g. atonement, attributes of God, missions, etc.).
5. www.sovereigngracemusic.org. Sovereign Grace Ministries is a network of churches founded by C.J. Mahaney. Sovereign Grace has been producing music for congregational worship for more than twenty years (many of which we sing at Bethlehem!). You can find songs for purchase and free sheet music on the website.
6. Lastly, if you want to see what songs Bethlehem is singing each week on all 3 campuses, you can go to the Worship & Music Ministries page at hopeingod.org. Click on Orders of Worship, which is under the title of the page.
These are just a few ideas. Let us know if you have found websites or other resources that you have used and liked for leading worship in small group!
So we, though many, are one body in Christ, and individually members of one another.—Romans 12:5