Not that I have already obtained this or am already perfect, but I press on to make it my own, because Christ Jesus has made me his own.
What Brad Bigney Said at the Marriage Retreat
Published by: Sam Crabtree
February 22, 2012
The following are excerpts from Pastor Brad Bigney’s teaching at the recent marriage retreat.
- Marriage is one of God’s favorite tools for growth—which means change.
- When looking for a spouse, we tend to think the “perfect fit” for marriage is someone who won’t require me to have to change.
- Married persons are tempted to wear a badge that says, “Marriage Martyr.”
- Those who feel their marriage is stuck will become unstuck when they start by having more awareness of being a sinner than being sinned against.
- Can you see yourself as the sinner your spouse sees?
- Marriage squeezes to the surface the junk that is already in you.
- On the day Jesus backs off on his commitments to you, feel free to back off on your commitments to your spouse.
- Bitterness makes people unable to see.