Keep your life free from love of money, and be content with what you have, for he has said, "I will never leave you nor forsake you." So we can confidently say, "The Lord is my helper; I will not fear; what can man do to me?"
What Brad Bigney Said at the Marriage Retreat
The following are excerpts from Pastor Brad Bigney’s teaching at the recent marriage retreat.
- Marriage is one of God’s favorite tools for growth—which means change.
- When looking for a spouse, we tend to think the “perfect fit” for marriage is someone who won’t require me to have to change.
- Married persons are tempted to wear a badge that says, “Marriage Martyr.”
- Those who feel their marriage is stuck will become unstuck when they start by having more awareness of being a sinner than being sinned against.
- Can you see yourself as the sinner your spouse sees?
- Marriage squeezes to the surface the junk that is already in you.
- On the day Jesus backs off on his commitments to you, feel free to back off on your commitments to your spouse.
- Bitterness makes people unable to see.
Pastor Sam Crabtree is Bethlehem's Pastor for Small Groups, North.