If anyone else thinks he has reason for confidence in the flesh, I have more: 5circumcised on the eighth day, of the people of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, a Hebrew of Hebrews; as to the law, a Pharisee; as to zeal, a persecutor of the church; as to righteousness under the law, blameless.
What Is Access?
For through him we both have access in one Spirit to the Father. So then you are no longer strangers and aliens, but you are fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God, built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Christ Jesus himself being the cornerstone, in whom the whole structure, being joined together, grows into a holy temple in the Lord. In him you also are being built together into a dwelling place for God by the Spirit.—Ephesians 2:18–22
Through Jesus we have access. Access means:
- no longer being an orphan, but a son
- no longer a stranger, but a citizen
- no longer far away, but near
- no longer plebes or pledges, but full members
- no longer damned, but saints
- no longer nomads, but part of the household
- no longer rubble, but part of the building
- no longer shifting, but built on a solid foundation—Jesus Christ himself being the cornerstone
- no longer tainted, but holy
- no longer a common rock-strewn wilderness, but a temple
- no longer isolated, but joined together
- no longer banned by God, but indwelt by God
- no longer operating in the flesh, but by the Spirit.