For our sake he made him to be sin who knew no sin, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.
While holed up in my room at Shalom House during the Pastors’ Study Break I finished my (first) reading of Dennis Rainey’s new book, Stepping Up: A Call to Courageous Manhood. Some excerpts:
- “Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important.”—Ambrose Redmoon
- In order for a man to be courageous, he must know the truth about who God is.
- Another good man standing alongside you will help you be courageous.
- Pleasure and pain were both meant to be experienced by men.
- “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one’s courage.”—Anais Nin
- Initiative is at the heart of manhood.
For more on biblical manhood, consider attending the Desiring God conference at the end of the month, or come hear Doug Wilson/Bill Farley speak on spiritual parenting at the Downtown and North campuses.
Pastor Sam Crabtree is Bethlehem's Executive Pastor and Lead Pastor for Life Training.