Some indeed preach Christ from envy and rivalry, but others from good will. The latter do it out of love, knowing that I am put here for the defense of the gospel. The former proclaim Christ out of selfish ambition, not sincerely but thinking to afflict me in my imprisonment.
Published by: Sam Crabtree
February 3, 2011
When Joel Beeke spoke at the pastors conference, he said, “We need to be released from prayer-less praying”:
- We too often regard prayer as an interruption of our personal ambitions, an appendix rather than the foundation of our work.
- He comes to kiss me when I’m engaged in private prayerful prayer.
- Why so many meetings with men and so few with God?
- Cry, sigh, and pray your way.
- If you want to humble a man, ask about his prayer life.