He will not let your foot be moved; he who keeps you will not slumber. Behold, he who keeps Israel will neither slumber nor sleep.
Friday Q & A #48
What one book besides the Bible would you recommend that a member of Bethlehem who wants to grow as a leader and servant in the body should read?
This question was answered by 13 of our leaders on staff.
- David Mathis: The Master Plan of Evangelism, by Robert Coleman.
- Bud Burk: Deserted by God, by Sinclair Ferguson. Ferguson demonstrates how to wield the Psalms to minister to despairing and hurting hearts.
- Aaron Davitch: The Heart of a Servant Leader, by Jack Miller. Miller was the Pastor of New Life Presbyterian and started World Harvest Mission along with his son, Paul Miller (who wrote A Praying Life). The book is collection of letters he wrote to fellow pastors, missionaries, and congregants. He was also a big influence on Tim Keller.
- Jason French: Spiritual Leadership, by J. Oswald Sanders
- Sam Crabtree: Chosen By God, by R. C. Sproul and (bonus) The Pursuit of Holiness, by Jerry Bridges
- Kempton Turner: Lectures to My Students, by Charles Spurgeon (with your Bible open!)
- Vince Johnson: When People Are Big and God Is Small, by Ed Welch. God used this book to help me see how I worship myself in the name of caring about others’ opinions too much
- Mary Delk: Maximum Impact, by Wayne Mack
- Ken Currie: The Pleasures of God, by John Piper
- Jason Meyer and David Livingston: Humility: True Greatness, by C. J. Mahaney
- Dan Holst: Spiritual Depression, by D. Martyn Lloyd-Jones
- Sally Michael: Gospel-Powered Humility, by William Farley
Pastor Sam Crabtree is Bethlehem's Pastor for Small Groups, North.