Brothers, I do not consider that I have made it my own. But one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.
The Youth Ministry serves parents and students in grades 7 through 12. Sunday School classes, Wednesday night gatherings, special activities and events shepherd there students through teaching, worship, and small group interaction. Through each facet of our ministry, we seek to point students to Jesus and an ever-increasing delight and maturity in him. (Read through the pillars that guide our ministry vision and fuel our prayers.)
Weekly Programming (September–June)
- Sunday School classes meet during the 11:00am service
- Wednesday Connection is 6:15–8pm North and Downtown (South has a Wednesday Youth Connection)
- If your children plan to regularly attend classes:
- Disability Ministry Contact: Brenda Thorsen (South), 612-746-2650 x675 or Lee Burtman (North), 612-455-0800 x736, or Michelle Ryan (Downtown), 612-338-7653 x738
- Father's Light Mentors, formerly Life Coaches for Kids, connects trained mentors with children from single-parent homes. Mentor and child meet weekly. Contact: John Supica, 612-338-7653 x735
- S.A.Y. Yes! Contact: Toph Majors, 612-600-4879
- Trail Life (North) Contact: Chris Paschen, 651-779-0874
- American Heritage Girls (North Campus) Contact: JoNell Baker, 763-789-7544
- Children’s Choirs
- Next Steps for Seniors - A resource guide for our graduating seniors that was handed out at the Graduating Senior Dinner.
- Learn more about our children’s curriculum: Curriculum Plan (Downtown, North, South); Children Desiring God.
- See resources relating to youth.
- Read our vision for Child & Youth Discipleship.
How Can I Volunteer?
We are always in need of more volunteers. Opportunities in Family Ministries are varied enough to involve many different people with different gifts. Our volunteer process is designed to help determine where our opportunities and your gifts and interests come together. Learn about how you can get involved.