Let your eyes look directly forward, and your gaze be straight before you. Ponder the path of your feet; then all your ways will be sure. Do not swerve to the right or to the left; turn your foot away from evil.
The Youth Ministry serves parents and students in grades 7 through 12. Sunday School classes, Wednesday night gatherings, special activities and events shepherd there students through teaching, worship, and small group interaction. Through each facet of our ministry, we seek to point students to Jesus and an ever-increasing delight and maturity in him. (Read through the pillars that guide our ministry vision and fuel our prayers.)
Each campus has specific junior/senior high events during our summer months. You can contact the people below for more information.
- Downtown Campus: Contact Allison Maurer, 612-338-7653 x412
- North Campus: Contact Jocelyn Rognlin, 612-455-0800 x840
- South Campus: Contact Rebekah Tucker, 612-746-2650 x657
Weekly Programming (September–June)
- Sunday School classes meet during the 11:00am service
- Wednesday Connection is 6:15–8pm North and Downtown (South is welcome to join Downtown)
- If your children plan to regularly attend classes:
- Complete our online Family Registration form (to be completed each year) or visit a Family Discipleship wall display for hard copies
- Visit a check-in kiosk for nametags
- Find your Sunday School classrooms: Downtown, North, South
- Find your Wednesday Connection classrooms: Downtown and North (South attendees are welcome to join the Downtown activities)
- Disability Ministry Contact: Tyler Mykkanen (South), 612-746-2650 x675 or Lee Burtman (North), 612-455-0800 x736, or Michelle Ryan (Downtown), 612-338-7653 x738
- Father's Light Mentors, formerly Life Coaches for Kids, connects trained mentors with children from single-parent homes. Mentor and child meet weekly. Contact: John Supica, 612-338-7653 x735
- S.A.Y. Yes! Contact: Toph Majors, 612-600-4879
- Trail Life (North) Contact: Chris Paschen, 651-779-0874
- American Heritage Girls (North Campus) Contact: JoNell Baker, 763-789-7544
- Children’s Choirs
- Next Steps for Seniors - A resource guide for our graduating seniors that was handed out at the Graduating Senior Dinner.
- Learn more about our children’s curriculum: Curriculum Plan (Downtown, North, South); Children Desiring God.
- See resources relating to youth.
- Read our vision for Child & Youth Discipleship.
How Can I Volunteer?
We are always in need of more volunteers. Opportunities in Family Ministries are varied enough to involve many different people with different gifts. Our volunteer process is designed to help determine where our opportunities and your gifts and interests come together. Learn about how you can get involved.