Therefore, my beloved brothers, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that in the Lord your labor is not in vain.
The Youth Ministry serves parents and students in grades 7 through 12. Sunday School classes, Wednesday night gatherings, special activities and events shepherd there students through teaching, worship, and small group interaction. Through each facet of our ministry, we seek to point students to Jesus and an ever-increasing delight and maturity in him. (Read through the pillars that guide our ministry vision and fuel our prayers.)
Weekly Programming (September–June)
- Sunday School classes meet during the 11:00am service
- Wednesday Connection is 6:15–8pm North and Downtown (South is welcome to join Downtown)
- If your children plan to regularly attend classes:
- Complete our online Family Registration form (to be completed each year) or visit a Family Discipleship wall display for hard copies
- Visit a check-in kiosk for nametags
- Find your Sunday School classrooms: Downtown, North, South
- Find your Wednesday Connection classrooms: Downtown and North (South attendees are welcome to join the Downtown activities)
Special Activities and Events
- Winter Retreat
- January 30–February 1, 2015
- For those in grade 7 through grade 12, all campuses
- More details and registration information coming soon!
- Disability Ministry Contact: Tyler Mykkanen (South), 612-746-2650 x675 or Lee Burtman (North), 612-455-0800 x736, or Michelle Ryan (Downtown), 612-338-7653 x738
- Father's Light Mentors, formerly Life Coaches for Kids, connects trained mentors with children from single-parent homes. Mentor and child meet weekly. Contact: John Supica, 612-338-7653 x735
- S.A.Y. Yes! Contact: Toph Majors, 612-600-4879
- Boy Scouts Contact: Greg Mott (DT), 612-548-4734 or Jeff Olson (North), 651-492-3673
- Children’s Choirs
- Learn more about our children’s curriculum: Curriculum Plan (Downtown, North, South); Children Desiring God.
- See resources relating to youth.
- Read our vision for Child & Youth Discipleship.
How Can I Volunteer?
We are always in need of more volunteers. Opportunities in Family Ministries are varied enough to involve many different people with different gifts. Our volunteer process is designed to help determine where our opportunities and your gifts and interests come together. Learn about how you can get involved.