See what kind of love the Father has given to us, that we should be called children of God; and so we are. The reason why the world does not know us is that it did not know him. [Beloved, we are God’s children now, and what we will be has not yet appeared; but we know that when he appears we shall be like him, because we shall see him as he is.]
We serve parents, prospective parents, and those interested in ministry to children.
- All Sunday and Wednesday classes are up and running. Feel free to join at any time.
- November 27: No Wednesday Connection—Thanksgiving Break
- December 1: No Sunday School—Thanksgiving Break
- Is the Lord moving you to serve this coming school year in any age (0–18)? Find out more.
Vision for Parenting
Two biblical institutions are charged with the responsibility of nurturing children’s faith.
- Home & Family: Parents are entrusted with the primary responsibility for the instruction of their children.
- Church: Through its various programs, the church aims to strengthen, confirm, and reinforce instruction in the home. Parenting ministries seeks to support, equip, and encourage parents in their efforts to raise children in the fear, trust and delight of the Lord. Read our Vision for Child and Youth Discipleship.
Ministry to Parents
- This is an opportunity for parents to give public thanks to God for their children and to covenant with God and the congregation to raise their children in the fear and instruction of the Lord; and for the congregation to indicate their partnership in helping parents with this responsibility and privilege.
- Upcoming dedication dates: February 22/23, 2014; May 10/11, 2014; October 10/11, 2014
Foundation Builders 1 (Child Dedication Class)
- This class lays a foundation for parents in the discipleship of their children and prepares parents for the promises they will be making in child dedication.
- Class date: January 11, 2014
- Resources regarding Foundation Builders
- This series of weekly classes (during the school year) is designed to equip and encourage parents in their crucial roles.
- Class information: Downtown or North
- This seminar is designed to help families make decisions about where and how to educate their children.
- Listen to seminar audio from a previous year.
- Leaders of the church partner with parents to prepare young people for baptism and for the responsibility and privilege of church membership. Read more...
- Youth Baptism Mentor Classes:
- See resources relating to parenting.
- Children Desiring God
- Read our current Family Discipleship Newsletter.
- Audio messages on parenting