The saying is trustworthy and deserving of full acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am the foremost.
We serve parents, prospective parents, and those interested in ministry to children.
Vision for Parenting
Two biblical institutions are charged with the responsibility of nurturing children’s faith.
- Home & Family: Parents are entrusted with the primary responsibility for the instruction of their children.
- Church: Through its various programs, the church aims to strengthen, confirm, and reinforce instruction in the home. Parenting ministries seeks to support, equip, and encourage parents in their efforts to raise children in the fear, trust and delight of the Lord. Read our Vision for Child and Youth Discipleship.
Ministry to Parents
This is an opportunity for parents to give public thanks to God for their children and to covenant with God and the congregation to raise their children in the fear and instruction of the Lord; and for the congregation to indicate their partnership in helping parents with this responsibility and privilege.
- Upcoming dedication dates: May 9 & 10, 2015
Parenting: The Early Years
- This class (formerly Foundation Builders 1) lays a foundation for parents in the discipleship of their children and prepares parents for the promises they will be making in child dedication.
- Fulfills the requirement for dedicating a child at Bethlehem
- Class dates: March 28, 2015 (Downtown, North), April 11, 2015 (South)
- Resources regarding Foundation Builders
This seminar is designed to help families make decisions about where and how to educate their children.
- Listen to seminar audio from a previous year.
Leaders of the church partner with parents to prepare young people for baptism and for the responsibility and privilege of church membership. This year, Youth Baptisms will only be happening at the North Campus. Downtown and South, youth interested in baptism can be enfolded into any of the adult baptisms that happen throughout the year. Read more...
2015 North Campus Youth Baptism Dates:
- Youth Baptism Mentor Classes: Saturday, January 17 & Wednesday, January 21
- Youth Baptism/Membership Classes: Friday & Saturday, March 6-7
- Youth Baptism Service: Wednesday, May 13
- Father/Son Quest—Spring and Fall of each year (May 23-25, 2015 Registration still available)
- MOMS (Making Our Mothering Significant)
- See resources relating to parenting.
- Children Desiring God
- Audio messages on parenting