For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
We serve parents, prospective parents, and those interested in ministry to children.
- Is the Lord moving you to serve this coming school year in any age (0–18)? Find out more.
- Aug 16 & 23—Parenting: The Early Years (Downtown, North, South)
- Sept 10: Wednesday Connection Kick-Off Night (Downtown, North)
- Sept 14: Sunday School Parent Orientation & Open House (Downtown, North)
- Sept 14: Sunday School begins (South)
- Sept 17: Kid’s Connection classes begin (pending fully staffed)
- Sept 21: Sunday School begins (Downtown, North) (pending fully staffed)
- Oct 15: All-church Global Focus Kick-off at the Downtown Campus
Vision for Parenting
Two biblical institutions are charged with the responsibility of nurturing children’s faith.
- Home & Family: Parents are entrusted with the primary responsibility for the instruction of their children.
- Church: Through its various programs, the church aims to strengthen, confirm, and reinforce instruction in the home. Parenting ministries seeks to support, equip, and encourage parents in their efforts to raise children in the fear, trust and delight of the Lord. Read our Vision for Child and Youth Discipleship.
Ministry to Parents
This is an opportunity for parents to give public thanks to God for their children and to covenant with God and the congregation to raise their children in the fear and instruction of the Lord; and for the congregation to indicate their partnership in helping parents with this responsibility and privilege.
- Upcoming dedication dates: October 11/12, 2014
Parenting: The Early Years
- This class (formerly Foundation Builders 1) lays a foundation for parents in the discipleship of their children and prepares parents for the promises they will be making in child dedication.
- Fulfills the requirement for dedicating a child at Bethlehem
- Class dates: August 23 (South), January 17, 2015 (Downtown, North)
- Resources regarding Foundation Builders
This series of weekly classes (Downtown & North during the school year) is designed to equip and encourage parents in their crucial roles.
A series of four quarterly parenting seminars, beginning with Parenting: The Early Years, and followed by three subsequent seminars which focus on parenting throughout childhood and into the teenage years, will be offered at the North Campus throughout the 2014-15 school year. More info and dates to come!
This seminar is designed to help families make decisions about where and how to educate their children.
- Listen to seminar audio from a previous year.
Leaders of the church partner with parents to prepare young people for baptism and for the responsibility and privilege of church membership. Read more...
- Youth Baptism Mentor Classes: 2015 Dates TBD
- See resources relating to parenting.
- Children Desiring God
- Audio messages on parenting