but God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
We serve parents, prospective parents, and those interested in ministry to children.
- Child Dedication slots still available for May 10/11
- April 16: No Wednesday Connection—Holy Week Break
- April 20: No Sunday School—Easter Break
- May 7: Last night of Kid's Connection—Parents, bring home your child's workbook the last day they are in class.
- June 8: Last day of Sunday School—Parents, bring home your child's workbook the last day they are in class.
- Is the Lord moving you to serve this coming school year in any age (0–18)? Find out more.
Vision for Parenting
Two biblical institutions are charged with the responsibility of nurturing children’s faith.
- Home & Family: Parents are entrusted with the primary responsibility for the instruction of their children.
- Church: Through its various programs, the church aims to strengthen, confirm, and reinforce instruction in the home. Parenting ministries seeks to support, equip, and encourage parents in their efforts to raise children in the fear, trust and delight of the Lord. Read our Vision for Child and Youth Discipleship.
Ministry to Parents
- This is an opportunity for parents to give public thanks to God for their children and to covenant with God and the congregation to raise their children in the fear and instruction of the Lord; and for the congregation to indicate their partnership in helping parents with this responsibility and privilege.
- Upcoming dedication dates: May 10/11, 2014; October 10/11, 2014
Parenting: The Early Years
- This class (formerly called Foundation Builders 1) lays a foundation for parents in the discipleship of their children and prepares parents for the promises they will be making in child dedication.
- Fulfills the requirement for dedicating a child at Bethlehem
- Class date: August 16, 2014
- Resources regarding Foundation Builders
- This series of weekly classes (during the school year) is designed to equip and encourage parents in their crucial roles.
- Class information: Downtown
- This seminar is designed to help families make decisions about where and how to educate their children.
- Listen to seminar audio from a previous year.
- Leaders of the church partner with parents to prepare young people for baptism and for the responsibility and privilege of church membership. Read more...
- Youth Baptism Mentor Classes: 2015 Dates TBD
- See resources relating to parenting.
- Children Desiring God
- Read our current Family Discipleship Newsletter.
- Audio messages on parenting