What man is there who desires life and loves many days, that he may see good? Keep your tongue from evil and your lips from speaking deceit. Turn away from evil and do good; seek peace and pursue it.
We serve parents, prospective parents, and those interested in ministry to children.
Vision for Parenting
Two biblical institutions are charged with the responsibility of nurturing children’s faith.
- Home & Family: Parents are entrusted with the primary responsibility for the instruction of their children.
- Church: Through its various programs, the church aims to strengthen, confirm, and reinforce instruction in the home. Parenting ministries seeks to support, equip, and encourage parents in their efforts to raise children in the fear, trust and delight of the Lord. Read our Vision for Child and Youth Discipleship.
Ministry to Parents
Together in Worship
This seminar is designed to assist parents in preparation for worshiping in church service together with their children. This is an equipping event for the whole family that includes vision casting and practical application with the hope of stirring up fresh measures of anticipation for worship together as a family. We will meet from 11-11:45am at the Downtown Campus in Room 319–322.
Looking for an opportunity to have fun with your family and strengthen your relationships with each other? Sign up for an overnight camping experience July 25–26 at Carver Park in Victoria, Minnesota, joining with other Downtown Campus families. For more info and to register click here.
Fathers and daughters who will be in Grades 4-6 during the 2015-16 school year, you are invited to Trout Lake Camp to pull away from the demands of normal family life and enjoy a time of refreshment in the Lord together. Register for the Early Bird rate now through September 4. (Space for this event is very limited.)
This is an opportunity for parents to give public thanks to God for their children and to covenant with God and the congregation to raise their children in the fear and instruction of the Lord; and for the congregation to indicate their partnership in helping parents with this responsibility and privilege.
- Upcoming dedication dates: October 10 & 11, 2015
Parenting: The Early Years
- This class (formerly Foundation Builders 1) lays a foundation for parents in the discipleship of their children and prepares parents for the promises they will be making in child dedication.
- Fulfills the requirement for dedicating a child at Bethlehem
- Class dates: August 22 (South), August 29 (Downtown)
- Resources regarding Foundation Builders
Parenting: The Childhood Years
- Led by Pastor Bud Burk, this seminar is designed to assist parents in spiritual leadership in the home, primarily focusing on children ages 5–12.
- Heads of homes (fathers and single mothers) are invited to join us for prayer, worship, vision casting from God’s Word, and practical application.
- Time will also be given to equipping husbands for loving ministry to their wives
- Date & Location: Saturday, December 5, 9-11am, Downtown Campus
- For more info and to register click here
This seminar is designed to help families make decisions about where and how to educate their children.
- Listen to seminar audio from a previous year.
Leaders of the church partner with parents to prepare young people for baptism and for the responsibility and privilege of church membership. This year, Youth Baptisms will only be happening at the North Campus. Downtown and South, youth interested in baptism can be enfolded into any of the adult baptisms that happen throughout the year. Read more...
2015 North Campus Youth Baptism Dates:
- Youth Baptism Mentor Classes: Saturday, January 17 & Wednesday, January 21
- Youth Baptism/Membership Classes: Friday & Saturday, March 6-7
- Youth Baptism Service: Wednesday, May 13
- See resources relating to parenting.
- Children Desiring God
- Audio messages on parenting