To the contrary, “if your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink; for by doing so you will heap burning coals on his head.” Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.
We serve parents, prospective parents, and those interested in ministry to children.
- May 8: Last night of Kid's Connection (Remember to take home your child's workbook)
- May 15: Youth Baptism Service
- June 9: Last day of Sunday School (Remember to take home your child's workbook)
- Is the Lord moving you to serve in any age (0–18)? Find out more.
Vision for Parenting
Two biblical institutions are charged with the responsibility of nurturing children’s faith.
- Home & Family: Parents are entrusted with the primary responsibility for the instruction of their children.
- Church: Through its various programs, the church aims to strengthen, confirm, and reinforce instruction in the home. Parenting ministries seeks to support, equip, and encourage parents in their efforts to raise children in the fear, trust and delight of the Lord. Read our Vision for Child and Youth Discipleship.
Ministry to Parents
- This is an opportunity for parents to give public thanks to God for their children and to covenant with God and the congregation to raise their children in the fear and instruction of the Lord; and for the congregation to indicate their partnership in helping parents with this responsibility and privilege.
- Next dedication date: October 26/27, 2013
Foundation Builders 1 (Child Dedication Class)
- This class lays a foundation for parents in the discipleship of their children and prepares parents for the promises they will be making in child dedication.
- Class date: August 3, 2013
- Resources regarding Foundation Builders
- This series of weekly classes (during the school year) is designed to equip and encourage parents in their crucial roles.
- Class information: Downtown or North
- This seminar is designed to help families make decisions about where and how to educate their children.
- Listen to seminar audio from a previous year.
- Leaders of the church partner with parents to prepare young people for baptism and for the responsibility and privilege of church membership. Read more...
- Youth Baptism Class...check back for 2014 dates
- See resources relating to parenting.
- Children Desiring God
- Read our current Family Discipleship Newsletter.
- Audio messages on parenting