I believe that I shall look upon the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living! Wait for the LORD; be strong, and let your heart take courage; wait for the LORD!
Through events and retreats for parents and children, Family Life encourages heads of households and families (and the wider church family) to mark milestones in their children’s lives, nurture parent-child relationships, and lead each family member to maturity in Christ.
Transition Years Activities and Events
From a day at the zoo to sons and fathers learning to worship God together, these events are designed to knit the hearts of the child with their parents and with the Lord. Each event:
- Provides opportunities for parents to spend time with their grade 5 through grade 8 children in a variety of settings
- Gives parents creative ways to engage their Transition Year (TY) child which are transferrable to the home setting
Specific Transition Year Events:
- September 20: Family Prayer at the Arboretum
- October 4-5: Father-Daughter Retreat (more details coming soon)
- Winter/Spring 2015: Fathers and Sons: Stories of Grace
With the backdrop of a rustic north woods, this weekend is designed to help deepen relationships, build character, and nurture godly friendship. Fathers prepare beforehand to speak a blessing over their sons and mark a milestone to biblical manhood.
- Spring and Fall of each year (May 24-26 Registration still available)
- 3-day weekend getaway for fathers and sons age 12 and older
- Register here
Family Prayer at the Arboretum
There will be two primary themes: 1) behold the wonders of creation and 2) behold the supreme glories of Jesus Christ the Son of God as you look at what God made through Him.
- Fall 2014
- For the whole family or a smaller portion of the family such as a father and son
- A prayer guide informed by Scripture will be provided at the Arboretum to parents to lead their children in meaningful conversation, prayer, and song.
Family Life Contact Information
All Campuses: Contact via email