But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves. For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a man who looks intently at his natural face in a mirror. For he looks at himself and goes away and at once forgets what he was like.
Children’s Ministry serves children in Pre K through grade 6.
- Is the Lord moving you to serve this coming school year in any age (0–18)? Find out more.
- Will your children attend Sunday School and/or Wednesday Connection in the fall? If you haven't already done so please complete our 2014–15 Family Registration form as soon as possible so we can register your child and ensure your child can be checked in at the kiosks with our new database.
- Aug 10: 45 Minutes of Anticipation—Downtown parents and Sunday School & Kid’s Connection volunteers, come hear of three new aspects of ministry Pastor Bud Burk has in view for classroom ministry this school year.
- Sept 7: Family Discipleship Volunteer Training (Downtown, North, South)
- Sept 10: Wednesday Connection Kick-Off Night (Downtown, North)
- Sept 14: Sunday School Parent Orientation & Open House (Downtown, North)
- Sept 14: Sunday School begins (South)
- Sept 17: Kid’s Connection classes begin (pending fully staffed)
- Sept 21: Sunday School begins (Downtown & North) (pending fully staffed)
- Oct 15: All-church Global Focus Kick-off at the Downtown Campus
Weekly Programming (September–June)
- Sunday School classes meet during the 11:00am service (North Campus also has a 9am SS hour for Preschool–Grade 3)
- Wednesday Connection is 6:15–8:00pm North and Downtown (South is welcome to join Downtown)
- If your children plan to regularly attend classes:
- Disability Ministry Contact: Michelle Ryan (DT), 612-338-7653 x738, Lee Burtman (North), 612-455-0800 x736, Tyler Mykkanen (South).
- Father's Light Mentors, formerly Life Coaches for Kids
Trained mentors meet weekly with children from single parent homes. Contact: John Supica, 612-338-7653 x735
- S.A.Y. Yes! Contact: Toph Majors, 612-600-4879
- Cub Scouts Contact: Chris Paschen (North), 651-779-0874 or Kurt Hagedorn (DT), 612-594-9788
- Boy Scouts Contact: Greg Mott (DT), 612-548-4734 or Jeff Olson (North), 651-492-3673
- Children’s Choirs
- Advent Candle Lighting for children in grades 3–4. Contact:Angela Shambro, 612-338-7653 x496 (Downtown), or Annika Nyman, 612-455-0800 x808 (North)
- Learn more about our children’s curriculum: Curriculum Plan (Downtown, North, South); Children Desiring God.
- See resources relating to children.
- Read our Vision for Child & Youth Discipleship.
How Can I Volunteer?
We are always in need of more volunteers. Learn how you can get involved.