See what kind of love the Father has given to us, that we should be called children of God; and so we are. The reason why the world does not know us is that it did not know him. [Beloved, we are God’s children now, and what we will be has not yet appeared; but we know that when he appears we shall be like him, because we shall see him as he is.]
Children’s Ministry serves children in Pre K through grade 4.
- All Sunday and Wednesday classes are up and running. Feel free to join at any time.
- October 9: Global Focus Kick-Off
- October 9-20: Global Focus
- November 3: Daylight Savings
- November 27: No Wednesday Connection—Thanksgiving Break
- December 1: No Sunday School—Thanksgiving Break
- Is the Lord moving you to serve this coming school year in any age (0–18)? Find out more.
Weekly Programming (September–June)
- Sunday School classes meet during the 11:00am service (North Campus also has a 9am SS hour for Preschool–Grade 2)
- Wednesday Connection is 6:15–8:00pm North and Downtown (South is welcome to join Downtown)
- If your children plan to regularly attend classes:
- Complete our online Family Registration form (to be completed each year) or visit a Family Discipleship wall display for hard copies
- Visit a check-in kiosk for nametags
- Find your Sunday School classrooms: Downtown, North, South
- Find your Wednesday Connection classrooms: Downtown and North (South attendees are welcome to join the Downtown activities)
- Disability Ministry Contact: Brenda Fischer 612-746-2650 x675 for Downtown or South, and Lee Burtman 612-455-0800 x736 for North
- Father's Light Mentors, formerly Life Coaches for Kids
Trained mentors meet weekly with children from single parent homes. Contact: John Supica, 612-338-7653 x735
- S.A.Y. Yes! Contact: Toph Majors, 612-600-4879
- Cub Scouts Contact: Chris Paschen, 651-779-0874
- Boy Scouts Contact: Greg Mott (DT), 612-548-4734 or Jeff Olson (North), 651-492-3673
- Children’s Choirs
- Advent Candle Lighting for children in grade 4. Contact: Julie Norris, 612-338-7653 x481
- Learn more about our children’s curriculum: Curriculum Plan (Downtown, North, South); Children Desiring God.
- See resources relating to children.
- Read our Vision for Child & Youth Discipleship.
- See our current Family Discipleship Newsletter.
How Can I Volunteer?
We are always in need of more volunteers. Learn how you can get involved.