For as high as the heavens are above the earth, so great is his steadfast love toward those who fear him, as far as the east is from the west, so far does he remove our transgressions from us. As a father shows compassion to his children, so the LORD shows compassion to those who fear him. For he knows our frame; he remembers that we are dust.
What We Are
We're the Helping Hand Committee—financial help for our church family.
Whom We Serve
The closer your association with Bethlehem, the stronger our commitment to help meet your essential needs.
What We Do
- see that the essential needs of every member are met
- provide resources for managing your personal resources
- provide an outlet for you to help others financially
How Can I Receive Help?
Call Joby Morgan in the church office at 612-338-7653 x460.
Factors Considered When Distributing Funds*
- your relationship to the church
- your demonstrated need
- the ongoing nature of the need
- your ability to earn an income
- other resources potentially available to you-personal, family, government
- your ability to demonstrate that you can make thoughtful decisions about your resources
* Free biblical financial counseling may be a prerequisite to assistance.
Time Line for Receiving Financial Assistance
About two weeks from day of initial request.
How Is Helping Hand Funded?
We are not a part of Bethlehem's operating budget. Our money is given over and above the regular expenses of the church through ...
- a monthly offering taken after the services on the first weekend of the month
- quarterly Helping Hand envelopes distributed with our regular giving envelopes
individuals giving toward a specifically known need.
Need More Information?
Read our policy handbook.