For a day in your courts is better than a thousand elsewhere. I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of wickedness. For the LORD God is a sun and shield; the LORD bestows favor and honor. No good thing does he withhold from those who walk uprightly. [O LORD of hosts, blessed is the one who trusts in you!]
We count it a particular blessing to have seniors share in our worship and ministry. Consider joining in on some of these opportunities for senior adults.
Do you ...
- have a prayer request?
- need to talk?
- want someone to visit you?
- have any questions related to our senior adult ministry?
E-mail us or call Keith Anderson, Interim Coordinator for Senior Adult Ministries, at 612-751-1446.
Read on for information about ...
- Sunday School classes
- Sojourners luncheons
- Seniors small group
- Overseas ministry opportunities
Sunday School Classes
All three campuses hold Sunday school classes for 55+ older adults, sometimes referred to as "empty-nesters" (mid-life and beyond, gray-haired and/or retired or not). Classes include fellowship, teaching, and encouragement. Note: Though the classes listed below are largely attended by adults 55+, all ages are welcome.
Downtown Campus 'King's Friends'
Our class unites around the celebration of the Word of God, prayer, fellowship, missions, and finishing well. We do plan to meet through most of the summer months.
Downtown Campus, Room 114
Keith Anderson, 612-751-1446
North Campus 'Abundant Grace'
This adult class meets throughout the year to build relationships through interactive Bible study, discussion, and application.
North Campus, Room C402–404
Mike McCowen, 763-786-0524
South Campus 'Cross Walking 101'
This class is open to adults of all ages who seek joy-filled gospel living in the power Jesus supplies.
South Site, Room A104
Tim Schroeder, 952-469-5297
Sojourners is a lunchtime gathering for anyone 55+. We meet on the 3rd Thursday of each month (Noon-2:00pm) at our Downtown Campus. Come for a delicious luncheon, followed by a program. Meal cost is $5. (RSVP to 612-333-1194 by Monday at Noon.)
Seniors Small Group
Join a Small Group focused on passing our Christian legacy to our grandchildren.
Short Term Ministry Opportunities
Consider using your expertise and resources for God's work around the world. Here are some ways you could invest in ministry work in another country:
- Offer maintenance help at a school or hospital
- Create a business plan for a hospital
- Write statement of purpose for a guest house
- Serve as guest-house parents
- Run a guest house
- Go overseas as a school teacher
- Input data for a ministry or business
- Provide administrative/business support
- Begin a tentmaking business
- Provide computer support for missionaries
- Run linguistic surveys
- Run a 10-day tour of UAE to whet the interest of other Finishers
- Go to Oman during Monsoon rain (vacation period for Emirates)
- Serve as pulpit replacement
- Coordinate Children's Backyard Bible studies
- Lead a Vacation Bible Schools in a slum
- Run seminars for professionals
- Minister to students on a campus
- Teach English at Santisuk School in Bangkok, Thailand
- Recruit help for Santisuk School
- Visit coffee houses to make friends & share Christ with people in other countries
- Distribute literature on street corners or in shopping malls
- Prayer walk
Contact us for more details on any of these activities-or about an idea of your own.