See what kind of love the Father has given to us, that we should be called children of God; and so we are. The reason why the world does not know us is that it did not know him. [Beloved, we are God’s children now, and what we will be has not yet appeared; but we know that when he appears we shall be like him, because we shall see him as he is.]
The aim of the position is to spread a passion for the supremacy of God in all things for the joy of all peoples through Jesus Christ, particularly through the visual communication of that passion and its implementation.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- The Intern will be a regular attender of Bethlehem Baptist Church.
- The Intern will manifest support for the leadership of the church (elders and pastoral staff) in general, and specifically for that of his/her area of ministry.
- The Intern will be expected to faithfully perform all duties in a way that honors Christ and is an example to others.
- The Intern will sustain a vital, growing relationship with the Lord through personal and corporate worship, study of God’s Word, prayer, and regular, ongoing fellowship with believers at Bethlehem.
- The Intern will carry out duties with total honesty and integrity, and maintain cordial compatibility with the rest of the staff.
- The Intern will have the organizational skills necessary to work effectively within the context of a church with a large staff and multiple ministries.
- The Intern will maintain strict confidentiality according to the Bethlehem Casual Employee Guidelines.
Personal and Ministry Skills:
Should be …
- A self-starter and an initiative-taker
- Detail oriented
Should have …
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent presentation/verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Energy and stamina
- A team orientation—collaborate well with others
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs, Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator
- Strong creative and conceptual thinking
- Sound understanding of typography/excellent typographic skills
- Sound understanding/experience with grid structures
- Experience working within a brand or developing a brand
- Ability to do simple (or advanced) illustrations, experience with video, familiarity with working within various social media platforms, understanding of HTML & CSS and ability to code. (Items in point #14 all a plus.)
Essential Ministry Responsibilities:
The Intern will partner with Bethlehem’s Communications Department and other staff to assist in design projects, as well as assist with education about branding and design standards in Bethlehem’s communication. Projects may include (but are not limited to) …
- Posters and homepage (rotating) panels
- Templates for posters and brochures
- Updating current brochures
- “About Bethlehem” booklet
- Signage updates at the Downtown and North campuses
- Development of a branding manual
- Educating staff (including Media Ministry) about branding and design standards
- To work the appropriate amount of hours per week for the duration of the internship.
- To do satisfactory work towards accomplishing the above duties and specific tasks as assigned.
- To be a regular participant in the corporate worship and body life of Bethlehem Baptist Church.
- To remain a student in good standing.
- To provide a mentor who has a growing understanding of the obligations of ministry and campus development, with the understanding that such a relationship must be a match for both participants.
- To provide direction with an aim to profit both the Bethlehem congregation and the Intern’s own preparation for future ministry or employment.
- To provide a wide range of ministry experiences with an aim to challenge and broaden the Intern’s gifts and abilities so that the Intern may be evaluated and strengthened.