Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come.
Financial contributions to Bethlehem can occur in many different ways, including ...
1. Placing gifts in offering baskets during each worship service
2. Mailing contribution to the church office
3. Giving online via eCheck or credit card
4. Donating assets (like stock)
We encourage you to give cheerfully, generously, and faithfully to the many ministries and mission of the church. Further details for each giving option are provided below.
1) Place gifts in offering baskets during each worship service (offering envelopes).
We invite you to regularly participate in giving as an important part of our worship services, as we honor God with the first portions of all our wealth (Proverbs. 3:9). To that end, we provide offering envelopes to any regular contributor who chooses to use them. Envelopes provide a valuable tool for managing regular, faithful giving, and allow you to quickly and easily specify how you want each gift allocated among various accounts (e.g., "Fill These Cities: 25 x '25" (One Fund) and "Helping Hand"). Envelope information also helps our Financial Secretary and his team to quickly and accurately allocate given amounts between various funds when counting collected offerings each week.
Contact our Financial Secretary, Steve Walmsley, at 612-338-7653 x463, for more details or to request your own box of offering envelopes.
2) Mail contributions to the church office.
If mailing your contribution is more convenient, send it to the Downtown Campus in care of our Financial Secretary (Steve Walmsley) at the address specified below.
3) Give online via eCheck or credit card.
Bethlehem encourages online giving via the “eCheck” payment option from a checking or savings account. We also allow giving via credit cards like Visa, MasterCard, and Discover. However, we encourage you not to use credit cards unless you plan to pay off your card in full each month—we are debt-averse at Bethlehem, and do not want to contribute to anyone else going further into debt.
Use the Bethlehem Portal Giving page to set up recurring or one-time giving via eCheck or credit card. You may also use the Bethlehem Portal to view your giving history, your recurring giving schedule, and your Contribution Statement.
For assistance in setting up automated monthly contribution withdrawals from your checking or savings account ...
- Download, print, and complete Bethlehem's Automatic Withdrawal Authorization form
- Attach a voided check or savings deposit ticket of the account that will be debited monthly
- Mail both to Bethlehem's Financial Secretary (Steve Walmsley):
Steve Walmsley, Financial Secretary
Bethlehem Baptist Church
720 13th Ave S
Minneapolis, MN 55415
4) Stock and Asset Donations
Donating stock or other assets that have appreciated in value may provide potential tax benefits.
When you give appreciated assets like stock—rather than just cash—to 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organizations like Bethlehem, you are generally exempt from paying capital gains tax. It's a good way to store up treasure in heaven, while also maximizing the resources entrusted to us while on the earth. If you'd like to donate stock to Bethlehem, please contact Steve Walmsley at 612-388-7653 x463.
Consult with your financial planner or tax adviser before making a stock donation to Bethlehem to determine how/if the potential tax advantages described here apply to your specific situation.
Instructions for Donating Securities:
1) Talk to your broker about the securities you’d like to give to the Bethlehem or discuss the value of the securities you’d like to donate. Work with your broker to identify what securities or set of securities that approximates that value.
2) Provide to your broker the following information on transferring securities electronically to Bethlehem’s broker.
Broker name: Stifel Financial Corp.
Account registration: Bethlehem Baptist Church
Account number: 8189-4881
DTC number: 0793
Account contact: Joseph Buska 763-542-3733
3) Alert Bethlehem of your plans to transfer securities by emailing Steve Walmsley.
Provide the following information:
- Your name and address
- The stock or other securities you plan to transfer and the number of shares
- The approximate value of this gift
- The ministry(s) into which you’d like this gift given. If you don’t indicate a ministry, the gift will be credited toward Bethlehem’s general Fill These Cities: 25 x ’25 (One Fund) account.
For additional questions about transferring securities, please contact Steve Walmsley at 612-338-7653 x463.