For I am sure that neither dealth nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.
What is in a Palm Branch?
Why pass out palm branches to children? Is it just a “fun,” “interesting” novelty to them? After all, there sure aren’t palm branches in Minnesota! What is in a palm branch anyway?
What is in a palm branch is opportunity. Palm Sunday celebrates the day Jesus rode into Jerusalem. Palm branches and cloaks were thrown into his path and hosannas were shouted for joy. As a reminder of this joyful reception of Jesus, we pass out palm branches to the children in hopes that they too will joyfully receive Jesus.
HOW TO USE THE FIGHTER VERSES IN INSTRUCTION
The Fighter Verses are a wonderful means to share the Word of God with our children. Breakfast time or supper time, riding in the car, or any time in which the family is together would be a good time for instructional conversation about the Fighter Verses. Below are a few tips to remember as you share God's Word with your children.
1. KEEP IT SHORT. A short instructional time that catches and holds a child's interest is better than a long drawn out time that leaves the child bored and frustrated.
Memory Verse Games
1. Erase a Word—Write the memory verse on the board. Erase the verse a word at a time, each time asking the children to say the verse.
2. Write each word of the memory verse on a slip of paper. Children must place the slips in the correct order.
3. Children line up or sit in a circle. Each child says a word (or phrase) of the verse, going from child to child.
4. Write the first letter of each word of the memory verse on the board. Children then try to write the verse.
Dr. Kurt Elting-Ballard spoke at the South MOMS meeting on April 3, 2012. Dr.
Listen to the message given to the South MOMS meeting on April 3, 2012. Dr. Kurt Elting-Ballard clarifies some points made in earlier messages.
One of the ways adult children can show honor for their parents—many who may require medical assistance on a regular, or even daily, basis—is to explore helpful residential environments.
The Minnesota Iowa Baptist Conference is invested in Avinity, the new name for what was formerly Twin Cities Christian Homes.
Pastor Sam Crabtree is Bethlehem's Pastor for Small Groups, North.
A man without self-control is like a city broken into and left without walls. —Proverbs 25.28
Be encouraged as Pastor Kempton and his wife, Caryn, remind moms that every believer had been empowered by the Holy Spirit to live a self-controlled life for the glory of Christ.
Our health and the health of our children are constant concerns for moms. Dr. Kurt Elting-Ballard, a Bethlehem elder, recently spoke at MOMS. He brought teaching and perspective grounded in the Word of God. The message, recorded at Downtown MOMS March 6, is now available.