The LORD is merciful and gracious, slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love. He will not always chide, nor will he keep his anger forever. He does not deal with us according to our sins, nor repay us according to our iniquities.
Congregational Affirmation of Faith
I. The Word of God
We believe that the Bible is the Word of God, fully inspired and without error in the original manuscripts, written under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, and that it has supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct.
II Timothy 3:16; II Peter 1:20,21; Mark 13:31; John 8:31,32; John 20:31; Acts 20:32
At the Bethlehem Baptist Church annual meeting on December 10, 2003, the congregation approved the recommendation of the Council of Elders to add the following underlined sentences to the Church By-Laws, Article II, Section 4 Council of Elders, paragraph b. Qualifications:
When assigned the coordination of a funeral or memorial service:
- Be available to respond with little notice.
- Coordinate with the other kitchen staff to ensure that the service has the needed leadership staffing in the kitchen, depending on the size of the reception.
- Recruit, train, and supervise the volunteer staff in their kitchen assignments. Training should include:
- Potential contact with cleaning and sanitizing agents.
- Exposure to hot food, equipment and metal objects used in cooking and baking.
- Perform administrative assistance tasks, including but not limited to:
- Word processing and Excel spreadsheets (including online Google Docs)
- Database management
- Research projects
- Preparing/creating promotional materials
- Running errands as necessary
- Encouraging and assisting congregational members in particular area of responsibility
- Use and support accuracy in the church database as needed.
- Participate in
The Coordinator for Design & Communication Production will partner with and help educate Bethlehem’s Communications team, the Women’s Ministry team, and the greater church staff to create and manage communications strategies which encourage a consistent experience for our congregation and viewers across multiple platforms, including print, electronic (web/social media), and audio/video. Projects may include (but are not limited to) …
Attached is an overview of the $10,600,000* 2017 One Fund Operating Budget, presented by Jon Grano, Lead Pastor for Operations, at the January 29, 2017, Quarterly Strategy Meeting, and approved by the congregation.
(The congregation also approved a motion to commit $1,500,000 of 2016 overage toward construction of a South Campus buidling.)
*This is an adjustment from the $11.2M budget initially presented at the 2016 Annual Meeting on December 18.
This document was distributed at the Annual Meeting on December 18, 2016, to explain the One Fund Budget proposed for 2017.
See a general breakdown of the Proposed 2017 One Fund Budget that was viewed at the 2016 Annual Meeting on December 18, 2016.
General Duties of All Administrative Assistants:
The following outline and discussion questions have been prepared to accompany the sermon on November 5/6, “The Name of Christ and the Need of These Cities” (Acts 5:27–32). The questions can be used for discussion in small groups or for personal reflection.