So receive him in the Lord with all joy, and honor such men, for he nearly died for the work of Christ, risking his life to complete what was lacking in your service to me.
Congregational Affirmation of Faith
I. The Word of God
We believe that the Bible is the Word of God, fully inspired and without error in the original manuscripts, written under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, and that it has supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct.
II Timothy 3:16; II Peter 1:20,21; Mark 13:31; John 8:31,32; John 20:31; Acts 20:32
At the Bethlehem Baptist Church annual meeting on December 10, 2003, the congregation approved the recommendation of the Council of Elders to add the following underlined sentences to the Church By-Laws, Article II, Section 4 Council of Elders, paragraph b. Qualifications:
- Perform all administrative assistance tasks assigned including, but not limited to:
- Correspondence – email/phone/letter/social networking
- Word processing, Google Documents, Formstack, & Excel spreadsheets
- Research projects
- Preparing/creating promotional materials
- Creating and overseeing online RSVPs and online MinistryPlatform registrations for events
- Run errands as necessary
- Encourage and assist congregational members in particular area of
- Answer telephone and door, directing all individuals to the appropriate staff member or campus.
- As appropriate, follow up with those contacting the church to make sure they are being well cared for by the church.
- Cultivate a strong, complementary relationship with the Welcome Desk volunteer(s) so that the work they do flows seamlessly into the work done by the Receptionist, Downtown.
- Cultivate a strong, complementary team relationship with the Receptionists on the North and South Campuses so that the congregation is well served as they move
From Mike Tong, Pastor for Neighborhood Outreach, Downtown Campus
This Spring, we are inviting the North Campus to join us in a special prayer focus for the next generation. You can use the booklet available in this PDF to pray that the gospel will bear fruit in the lives of the children who worship with us; we long for each one to find their hope and joy in Jesus!
Please take note of upcoming Holy Week events and special Easter Worship service times. Also learn about ordering memorial flowers and outreach opportunities.
South Campus Valentine's Dinner 2016
From Aaron Davitch, Pastor for Small Groups and Children & Family Discipleship, South Campus
More than 100 people attended the South Campus Valentine's Dinner on Saturday, February 13—with a wide range of ages and new and not-so-new-to-Bethlehem couples represented.
A note from Mary Delk to the Bethlehem congregation ...
Dear Bethlehem Family,
Thank you for the many expressions of love and kindness poured out on me these last weeks as I've moved toward retirement. Cards, emails, gifts, so many memories and words of encouragement … the book full of notes and pictures is a treasure. It has truly been my privilege to serve the women of Bethlehem. You are loved with the love of Christ.
With much gratitude,