Brothers, I do not consider that I have made it my own. But one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.
Congregational Affirmation of Faith
I. The Word of God
We believe that the Bible is the Word of God, fully inspired and without error in the original manuscripts, written under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, and that it has supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct.
II Timothy 3:16; II Peter 1:20,21; Mark 13:31; John 8:31,32; John 20:31; Acts 20:32
At the Bethlehem Baptist Church annual meeting on December 10, 2003, the congregation approved the recommendation of the Council of Elders to add the following underlined sentences to the Church By-Laws, Article II, Section 4 Council of Elders, paragraph b. Qualifications:
Highlights from the July 31 Quarterly Strategy Meeting include …
We who are strong have an obligation to bear with the failings of the weak, and not to please ourselves. Let each of us please his neighbor for his good, to build him up. For Christ did not please himself, but as it is written, “The reproaches of those who reproached you fell on me.” For whatever was written in former days was written for our instruction, that through endurance and through the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope.
View the attached PDF for information on our Women's Ministry transition and the elder's recommention for Pam Larson to serve as Minister for Women's Ministry, North and Lori Jaeger to serve as Minister for Women's Ministry, Downtown. The information was sent via email to Bethlehem members and regular attenders on Thursday, July 14, 2016.
- Perform all administrative assistance tasks assigned including, but not limited to:
- Correspondence – email/phone/letter/social networking
- Word processing, Google Documents, Formstack, & Excel spreadsheets
- Research projects
- Preparing/creating promotional materials
- Creating and overseeing online RSVPs and online MinistryPlatform registrations for events
- Run errands as necessary
- Encourage and assist congregational members in particular area of
- Answer telephone and door, directing all individuals to the appropriate staff member or campus.
- As appropriate, follow up with those contacting the church to make sure they are being well cared for by the church.
- Cultivate a strong, complementary relationship with the Welcome Desk volunteer(s) so that the work they do flows seamlessly into the work done by the Receptionist, Downtown.
- Cultivate a strong, complementary team relationship with the Receptionists on the North and South Campuses so that the congregation is well served as they move
From Mike Tong, Pastor for Neighborhood Outreach, Downtown Campus
This Spring, we are inviting the North Campus to join us in a special prayer focus for the next generation. You can use the booklet available in this PDF to pray that the gospel will bear fruit in the lives of the children who worship with us; we long for each one to find their hope and joy in Jesus!