We who are strong have an obligation to bear with the failings of the weak, and not to please ourselves. Let each of us please his neighbor for his good, to build him up.
Congregational Affirmation of Faith
I. The Word of God
We believe that the Bible is the Word of God, fully inspired and without error in the original manuscripts, written under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, and that it has supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct.
II Timothy 3:16; II Peter 1:20,21; Mark 13:31; John 8:31,32; John 20:31; Acts 20:32
At the Bethlehem Baptist Church annual meeting on December 10, 2003, the congregation approved the recommendation of the Council of Elders to add the following underlined sentences to the Church By-Laws, Article II, Section 4 Council of Elders, paragraph b. Qualifications:
This document was distributed at the Annual Meeting on December 18, 2016, to explain the One Fund Budget proposed for 2017.
See a general breakdown of the Proposed 2017 One Fund Budget that was viewed at the 2016 Annual Meeting on December 18, 2016.
General Duties of All Administrative Assistants:
The following outline and discussion questions have been prepared to accompany the sermon on November 5/6, “The Name of Christ and the Need of These Cities” (Acts 5:27–32). The questions can be used for discussion in small groups or for personal reflection.
Essential Ministry Responsibilities:
- Enter check requests into Financial Edge
- Update journal entry worksheets
- Sort and distribute incoming mail.
- Match invoices to statements.
- Track cash advances and gift cards
- Prepare miscellaneous deposits
- Upload journal entry worksheets
- Prepare event cash boxes.
- Distribute signed checks.
- File invoices and maintain vendor files.
The following outline and discussion questions have been prepared to accompany the sermon on October 29/30, “The Need of the Hour” (2 Corinthians 9:6–15). The questions can be used for discussion in small groups or for personal reflection.
- Ensure implementation of the vision as cast by the Pastor for Preaching & Vision.
- Keep the vision before the staff, using varied means and resources.
- Make the vision practical and attainable for campus and ministry leaders.
- Work with campus and ministry leaders to ensure that each area is in alignment with our mission statement and bringing to life at least one of our DNA priorities.
General Overall Church Aims:
- Congregational Care: Each pastor will maintain a clear focus on congregational care, dedicating a significant portion of his ministry towards crisis care, counseling, weddings, funerals, relationship building, etc.
- Overall priority goals: In addition to each campus and ministry area’s own aims, our pastoral leadership may set regular church-wide, short-term priority goals intended to focus attention on common objectives, unifying the staff in our common mission.