For as high as the heavens are above the earth, so great is his steadfast love toward those who fear him, as far as the east is from the west, so far does he remove our transgressions from us. As a father shows compassion to his children, so the LORD shows compassion to those who fear him. For he knows our frame; he remembers that we are dust.
Finding Out What's Happening
Baptism / Membership
Care / Connecting
Worship Services / Sermons
Interesting Facts about Bethlehem
--- --- --- --- --- ---
We have more than adequate off-site parking, but on-site parking is very limited and therefore is restricted to first-time visitors, the elderly, and handicapped.
See our Downtown street map that highlights available parking for worship services and Wednesday evenings.
Summary of Available Parking
- Lots North of Bethlehem: The North Lot between 6th Street & 7th Street (free during weekend & Wednesday services; tell attendant you're going to Bethlehem)
- Lot West of Bethlehem: Bethlehem Warehouse, ½ block West on 7th Street
- Lot South of Bethlehem: Professional Litho Lot, ½ block S 13th Ave (only during Sunday worship services & for other special events)
If the church parking lot is full, you are welcome to park in the Jonco building parking lot, north of the church parking lot.
Go to our Calendar page and click on the Wednesday date you are interested in. You’ll find a breakdown of the evening’s activities and a schedule of upcoming speakers/topics (as the information becomes available).
We’ll do our best to help you and meet your needs—connect you with a pastor, reserve a date, and walk you through the process. See an overview for planning your wedding at (or through) Bethlehem. (Contact information is included on this page.)
Call the church office (612-338-7653) and we’ll help you. Read more.
Visit the Schedule Your Ministry Event page on our site for full details.
In summary, the steps for baptism are as follows:
1) Attend a baptism class
2) Meet with an elder for a baptism interview
Read more about these steps.
In summary, the steps for becoming a member are as follows:
1) Attend a Membership Class
2) Baptism (if needed)
3) Elder interview
4) Covenant Affirmation
Read more about these steps.
The best way to keep up to date on church family prayer requests and praises is to join The Table (Bethlehem's online community) and set your preferences to receive these prayer notices as they are posted on the Prayer Wall. (Request an invitation to join The Table.) You may also write your request in the prayer request section of the weekly worship service bulletin, or you may submit (612-455-0800) your request directly. The staff prayers over these requests weekly. Read more about our prayer ministry.
We'll prayerfully consider it. We have a fund set aside to help our church family in need. Learn more about the Helping Hand Fund.
- Search for a group that fits you with our Small Group Finder.
- See a map display of all the open shepherd groups.
- Peruse our Shepherd Group Directory of open groups. (Note: The Small Group Finder listings and map codes point to groups described in the directory.)
Read more about Small Groups.
A total of 8 messages are delivered at our 3 campuses during weekend worship services, and usually they are not all live. For a detailed answer, see our explanation of multi-campus preaching.
See the Preaching Schedule.
Desiring God, the organization that supports John Piper’s writing and speaking ministry, has a page devoted to theological questions & answers. If you don’t find what you’re looking for, submit your question to DG. Please note that because of the high volume of questions received, DG is not able to respond individually to theological and counseling questions. However, they encourage you to submit questions you would like them to consider for their podcast "Ask Pastor John."
Bethlehem members are welcome to contact our pastoral staff with outstanding questions. When contacting a pastor, please work through his Ministry Assistant (listed on each pastor's biography page).
- Downtown Campus 2014 average: 1,935 people
- North Campus 2014 average: 1,454 people
- South Site 2014 average: 560 people
- Bethlehem Baptist Church total 2014 average: 3,950 people
- Downtown Campus: 90,000 square feet
- North Campus: 69,000 square feet
- South Site: we currently lease space from a local high school
We encourage the reproduction and distribution of material on this site. (For Web postings, we prefer that you use a link to the document on our site.) You can do this free of charge without specific permission, provided that you …
- Reproduce material in its entirety and do not alter or amend it in any way
- Are faithful to the context and meaning of the original source
- Properly cite the source (author, title, Web address, etc.)
- Do not charge a fee above the cost of reproduction
- Above all, use the material in a way that honors God.
- See a list of churches directly affiliated with Bethlehem through the Treasuring Christ Together Church Planting Network.
Here are several church-locator links that may be of help to you. (Even though we value and respect these ministries and their networks, a church's inclusion in any of these networks should not be viewed as an endorsement by Bethlehem Baptist Church.)
- Read an article by Alistair Begg about finding a church.