If you abide in me, and my words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you.
Creating an Annual Budget
Bethlehem establishes funding for its mission and various ministries through a process that includes proposing and adopting an annual budget that passes through many “sieves.”
- Each Fall, the staff and Financial & Property Administrators draft a preliminary budget.
- This draft budget is presented to the elders for their review, adjustment, and approval.
- Once approved, the elders then present the budget to the congregation at the Annual Meeting in December for recommended adoption.
- The congregation adopts the annual budget at the first Quarterly Strategy Meeting in January.
Content of the Annual Budget
Bethlehem’s budget is organized in around four broad categories.
- Worship & Vision includes support for Preaching & Vision, Worship, and Media.
- Nurture (Life Training) includes support for Family Discipleship, Adult Discipleship, and Library.
- Outreach (Spreading) includes support for Global Outreach, Short Term Ministry Mobilization, Neighborhood Outreach (all campuses), Hispanic Ministry, Church Planting, Outreach Support (Campus Outreach, Bethlehem Urban Initiatives, and Outreach Partners), and Bethlehem College and Seminary.
- Operations (Support) includes support for Building & Properties, Finance/Accounting, Communications, Information Technology (IT), and Human Resources/Personnel.
At Bethlehem's Annual Meeting held December 15, 2013, the elders presented both an overview and details (both now updated) of the proposed $9.9M 2014 Church & Missions budget. At Bethlehem's Winter Quarterly Strategy meeting held January 26, 2014, the elders recommended--and the congregation approved--a slightly adjusted 2014 Church & Missions budget of $9.7M.
If you have additional questions about the Annual Budget, feel free to contact our Lead Pastor for Operations, Jon Grano (612-338-7653 x467).