The LORD is a stronghold for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble. 10And those who know your name put their trust in you, for you, O LORD, have not forsaken those who seek you.
Covenant membership is a commitment to one another—a willing pledge to guard, care, submit, support, and minister together for the building up of our church body.
Step 1: Membership Class
We invite you to attend a membership class at your primary campus, to begin connecting with others where you plan to worship and serve. If your schedule does not permit that, we do allow for attendance at another campus, as needed.
To register for one of the classes above, please contact Dan Shambro (612-338-7653 x436).
- North: Aug 1–2 (Fri, 7–9pm & Sat 9am–Noon)
- North: Oct 17–18 (Fri, 7–9pm & Sat, 9am–Noon)
- North: Dec 12–13 (Fri, 7–9pm & Sat, 9am–Noon)
To register for one of the classes above, please contact Ruth Gulbranson (612-338-7653 x464).
- South: August 8–9 (Fri, 7–9pm & Sat, 9–Noon)
- South: Sept 28–Oct 26 (Sundays, 11am–12:15pm)
- South: Nov 7–8 (Fri, 7–9pm & Sat, 9am–Noon)
To register for one of the classes, please contact Ruth Chavis (612-746-2650 x654).
The membership class has a two-fold purpose.
- To provide an informal setting to learn what the pastoral staff, church, and Baptists in general believe on various topics. All are welcome, whether or not they are interested in membership.
- To give an opportunity for potential members to become acquainted with a pastor who can help them connect with one or more of the church's ministries. The membership class is a requirement for church membership.
Note: We try to limit capacity to about 30 people to facilitate interaction. Please contact your campus administrative assistant (above) to pre-register.
Step 2: Baptism (if needed)
If you have not yet been baptized as a believer by immersion, baptism is the next step to proceeding toward covenant membership.
Read more information on baptism.
Step 3: Elder Interview
An elder from your primary campus will be assigned to meet with you for an elder interview.
Some goals of this interview are:
- To learn how the Lord saved you.
- To confirm you have a good understanding of the meaning of church membership.
- To confirm that there are no biblically warranted concerns with your joining Bethlehem as a covenant member.
- To answer questions or help you find opportunities to connect at Bethlehem.
Step 4: Covenant Affirmation
The Covenant Affirmation is held during our weekend worship services four times a year to welcome new covenant members. Each potential new member voices his or her hearty "I do" to the Church Covenant and is received by congregational affirmation into Bethlehem's membership during one of these services.
We list the names of potential new members in the Bethlehem Weekly e-newsletter prior to the Covenant Affirmation and ask that if anyone has concerns about someone proceeding toward membership, they contact us as quickly as possible.
See a list of upcoming Covenant Affirmation Weekends on our calendar.
If you are interested in joining Bethlehem, please contact your campus administrative assistant: